Trip Protection Insurance
You're planning your annual vacation or the vacation of a lifetime. Either way, you don't want to think about canceling or interrupting your trip. We know these things can happen, so we make available a Trip Protection Plan.
Offering Unbeatable Trip Protection
Only $59 or $79 per person *
$59 for vacations up to $2,000;
$79 for vacations over $2,000
- Allows for cancellation of your trip before the scheduled departure for a covered reason
- Refund will be a Letter of Credit for the penalty portion as retained by the Globus family of brands less the $59/$79 premium; any additional refund will be made by the same method as trip payment
- Covered reasons include sickness, injury requiring hospitalization or death of passenger, immediate family members or travelling companions, should be validated with proof of document and arise only once policy is in effect
- Provides coverage if your trip is interrupted for a covered reason
- Refund will be a Letter of Credit for the unused travel days
- Covered reasons include sickness, injury requiring hospitalization or death of passenger, immediate family members or travelling companions, should be validated with proof of document and arise only once tour has commenced
- Provides coverage if your arrival for your tour is delayed beyond the scheduled departure date for a covered reason
- Refund will be a Letter of Credit for up to three unused days
- Covered reasons include late arrival of travel visas upto 3 days of departure, injury or sickness of passenger, immediate family members or travelling companions and should be validated with proof of document
Visa Rejections or delays
Travellers who purchase Trip Protection will be protected against cancellation penalties resulting from visa rejections or delayed visas. The Globus family of brands will charge a non-refundable penalty of only $250 if travellers are unable to travel due to visas being denied (or delayed) for countries covered in their Globus family vacation. The remaining cancellation charges (less Trip Protection Premium) will be refunded through a Letter of Credit that can be used for future travel against ANY Globus family vacation. The Letter of Credit is not transferable and is valid for 1 year from the date of original departure date. Purchase of Trip Protection is MANDATORY to benefit from this policy. Letter of Credit will not be issued if Trip Protection has not been purchased from the Globus family of brands.
Travellers are required to submit proof of denied or delayed visa within 5 working days of the cancellation through their travel agent. Globus family of brands reserves the right to deny any claim for the Letter of Credit if the proof of denial is not satisfactory or if the claim is made later than 5 working days, even if the travelers are in possession of a Trip Protection policy.
Election of Coverage
- This Trip Protection must be purchased with the initial payment of your trip or before the booking is guaranteed; once purchased the Trip Protection is non-refundable
- Written confirmation will be included with your invoice
- Benefits are per person and valid only for Globus family of brands purchases
Claims & Cancellations
- All claims must be submitted through your Travel Agent, including documentation to support the covered reason for cancellation, interruption, or delayed arrival
- Booking will be cancelled with appropriate cancellation fees determined by day of receipt of cancellation by Group Voyagers Inc, Colorado
Letter of Credit
- Will be issued within 2 weeks of receiving necessary documentation for verification
- Valid for travel commencing one year from original date on any Globus Family vacation
- Not redeemable for cash or non-transferable
Please contact your travel agent with any questions.
*Restrictions and conditions may apply as per plan details. Prices and coverage are subject to change.